Saturday, January 17, 2015

The Legacy of Barack H. Obama...

In 2008, the United States of America elected our 1st African American President. I was elated at the idea of having this "great orator" being our next President. Partially because I am a Black man for North Philadelphia with very little role models growing up and this was the opportunity for other young Black man to have something positive to aspire to emulate. The other reason for my elation was due to it being the official good bye to President George W. Bush. Although he seemed very genuine in his belief, I constantly was overwhelmed with the idea that he did not have a clue as to what he was doing over the entire 8 years of his tenure as President.

Now, as I sit back and admire my President for what he has accomplish, I smile at the idea that he was will go down as one of the top 10 Presidents this country has even produced. Although this is may seem naive since history will determine the place of Barack Hussein Obama. We will have to wait 30-40 years to see which of his actions have a lasting effect. No one will remember any of the divisive up-rise that ensued after his election. History will judge him on


  • Opening up Cuba, 
  • Fighting for equal pay for women
  • Abolishing Don't Ask, Don't Tell  
  • Immigration reform by way of the Dream Act
  • Implementation of the Affordable Care Act (Obama Care), 
  • Repair of the economy (although it completely squeezed out the middle class), 
  • Saving the auto industry (while forcing them to make more fuel efficient vehicles), 
  • and what ever else he can accomplish over the next 2 years.


Sidenote; I kick myself for not going to his speech on racial equality in Philadelphia during the 2008 Presidential campaign. That was a legendary moment in history and I missed in to sit in the library and study... Which is what I am currently in the library attempting to do this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment