Friday, October 14, 2011

SELF REFLECTION & PERSONAL ACCOLADES...

The last week of medical school has been very difficult for me to adjust to. It had nothing to do with academia but everything to do with unnecessary conflicts between three of my classmates and myself. Unfortunately, first impressions are so defining and my first impression to these three individuals was so bad that they are still judging me off of that interaction three months later. They are labeling me as overly aggressive and confrontational simply because I was unwilling to accept another one of our classmates to bully one of the less assertive members of our student council. I must admit, it is never good to address aggression with aggression and I am now suffering from that interaction... This moment in life has allowed me to reassess my position and think of possible ways for me to better handle similar situations in the future. Although I cannot accept individuals that may seem dominant to use that appearance to force less aggressive, and sometimes docile, individuals to do what they want, simply because they know that those individuals may not stand up for themselves.... Bullying is never an option... never.

On a better note, I was just given an $11,000 scholarship from my school!!! Although this does not pay my entire tuition, it is a great step in the right direction. I’m hoping that I can accumulate additional $50,000 in scholarships before the school year is out and possibly $200,000 in scholarships before I graduate. I also received my grades from the first Block of school and I Aced it!!! If I keep this up then there will be no reason why I will not be able to get more scholarships.

No comments:

Post a Comment